Monday, November 7, 2011

Transitiony

Today I wrapped up the temp job of fame and ill repute. Augustus Gloop who hit on me last week made sure to give me the cool farewell of "best of luck to ya" while not looking up from his book. A few of the folks stopped to say thanks and wish me good luck (for real) in L.A. on their way out. And of course my candy-loving pal and I said a sad farewell. I accomplished this by paging him as Barry White. Yes, that's right. Well, when's the last time your co-worker called your desk to play Barry White over the phone? Henceforth, my chocolate-craving former coworker will be known as Barry White in these blog pages. Thanks, Barry, for making my boring days of waiting for the phone to ring much less boring, and for making me smile when I was grumpy.

I didn't end up getting that temp gig at the insane asylum, so tomorrow I'm back to my freewheeling writer life on Funemployment. Tutoring, editing, writing, looking for freelance work. Back to dreaming and planning for my new life in L.A. Back to The Owl Cafe, my favorite place to write outside of my home, and to drinking their expertly prepared caffe Americano.

(By the way, in case you're wondering, The Blue Frog Cafe at the Ithaca Mall of Pyramid Shoppes or whatever the hell it's called now does not know how to make a good Americano. Also, they have no restrooms, which is stupid considering they serve diuretics as their main fare.)

So, in the words of that famous Ghost Hunter, Jason Hawes, "On to the next!"

No comments: