Saturday, July 30, 2022

The Name's the Thing

I'm trying determine the name of my little boat. What ends up happening is that anything that is uttered by anyone becomes a candidate for a name. My friends have gotten in on this, and while it is great fun, it hasn't been terribly productive. 

Thus far the rejected suggestions and ideas (in no particular order):

  • Pain Killer
  • Englebert (as in...Humperdink)
  • Rebel Scum
  • Rubber Ducky
  • Spirit of '22
  • Bob's Your Uncle 
  • Maid of the Moist
  • Persnickety
  • Anger Management
  • Huo Yuanjia (Chinese folk hero and freedom fighter)
  • Freedom Fighter (But why would you want to fight freedom? This is analogous to...)
  • Near Miss (If it's a near miss, that means you hit it.)
Can you see how this is getting me nowhere? I mean, it's amusing, but I still need to name my boat. And no, I won't call it "Boaty McBoatface." 

If you have a suggestion (serious or otherwise), please leave it in the comments.
God bless.

No comments: