Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas Miracle

The last couple of days I've been wishing fervently that somehow I can bring my Spaz on the plane with me to L.A. Because I'd waited so long to try to make arrangements, the connecting flight to L.A.'s "cat-pacity" (capacity) of carry-on kitties had been reached at 2. I called twice more in case someone with a cat had canceled. Then over the weekend there was an incident that hit home for me - she has to come with me.

Last night I prayed to God (which I rarely do, these days) to please make it possible for her to come with me. This morning as I was playing with her, I had a sudden, strong urge to call Delta again. So I did - and lo and behold - Delta's changed their cat-pacity from 2 to 4. So we're in! Spaz will soon be lounging in the sunshine with me, though I wonder how she'll do with the indoor/outdoor kitty to primarily indoor kitty transition. There is a fenced-in backyard where I can take her, but under my supervision, of course. I bought her a harness quite awhile ago and she didn't like it, but perhaps this is something she can get used to so we can continue to do our walking in L.A.

No comments: