Thursday, July 28, 2022

Blow it up!

The kayak, I'm talking about the kayak! The inflatable kayak, that is. 

Last summer I went kayaking for the first time in my life. Totally fell in love with it, and at the end of the season, I did some research and bought myself an inflatable kayak - the Intex K-1 Challenger. (Thank goodness for off-season pricing.) Since I do not have a place to store or a way to transport a hard shell kayak, it seemed like the sensible thing to do. It comes with everything (some assembly required). Yesterday was my first day getting it in the water.

I was a bit nervous at first (will my butt sink this thing? once I get into it, will I be able to get out? what happens if I spring a leak in the middle of Irondequoit Bay?). I'm happy to report that my little insecurities were put to rest. I had a blast paddling at Mendon Ponds with a friend who took out her canoe. Tomorrow I'm taking it to the Erie Canal for another session. Now I just need a name for my little boat. 




No comments: